ISO17025 accredited laboratories have demonstrated that they are technically proficient and able to produce precise and accurate test and calibration data. This is a voluntary, third party-reviewed process that ensures a laboratory’s quality management system is thoroughly evaluated on a regular basis to guarantee continued technical competence and compliance with the ISO 17025 standard.
Laboratory accreditation bodies use the standard specifically to assess factors such as:
- Traceability of measurements and calibrations to international standards
- Technical competence of staff
- Maintenance of analytical equipment
- Quality assurance of test and calibration data
- Validity and appropriateness of test methods
- Appropriate handling and transportation of samples
- Quality of testing environment and sampling
Gases are supplied with different types of certificate. Our ALPHAGAZ™ range typical comes with a certificate of conformity (CoC), which is measured against a batch analysis,. The other type is a certificate of analysis (CoA). A CoA would usually accompany a gas mixture, with the certificate showing impurities, accuracy of the mixture and any traceability requirements. This includes our Engine Emission Testing dual-compliant gases.